Kingdom Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Room of The Demon Chevalier [p r i v a t e]

2 posters

Go down

The Room of The Demon Chevalier [p r i v a t e] Empty The Room of The Demon Chevalier [p r i v a t e]

Post by Jules Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:00 pm

There was no doubt that Eris' room was one of the grandest in the castle. The walls and ceilings were painted a rich navy blue and were made to look like the night sky, complete with shimmering jewels to act as stars. There was a king sized bed made of the finest wood and covered with the best satin sheets of Thaer. And, to top that all of, Eris' freakishly wide mahogany closet was packed with so many beautiful dresses, which were gifts from her mother and several other nobles. All of this was for one girl. It's just too bad the owner didn't seem to care at all.

Eris sat at the edge of her bed, biting one end of a white bandage while wrapping the rest around her swollen left elbow. It was a horribly tedious process- which was soon to be over after a few more rounds. 4 more wraps. 3 more. 2... and 1. Ha! Eris tucked the excess parts underneath the parts that were already wrapped. She examined the way she wrapped the bandage and felt a sudden urge to rip the long white strip to shreds. It was all badly overlapped and made her elbow look crooked. There wasn’t anything she could do about that. Out of frustration, Eris slammed the rest of her body down to her bed, arms splayed to the sides. She closed her eyes, ignoring the throbbing protests of her elbow.

This was all her fault. If she hadn’t pushed herself too hard, this wouldn’t have happened. Problem is, Eris didn’t know whether or not to stop. To her, pain was all part of the process to get stronger- to gain control over her body and demon form. That’s what her father had taught her ever since the age of 2. So, that was all she did ever since. Train, train, train and train. Even her mother couldn’t do anything about it, for Eris’ mother was a seamstress in Milaering- the Rebellion. A total world apart.

With that thought, her jaw clenched. She couldn’t visit her mother unless she was willing to undergo an ambush. She couldn’t control her demon form unless she was willing to undergo pain. Eris was just full of broken dreams, worthless aspirations. Unconsciously, she let out a low growl then opened her eyes to stare at the starry sky.

OOC: GAWD. I SUCK. D; MY BRAIN IS IN MATH MODE =))
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

The Room of The Demon Chevalier [p r i v a t e] Empty Re: The Room of The Demon Chevalier [p r i v a t e]

Post by ChivanChang Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Alexander let his eyes wander around the endless corridor, the walls were pure white with banners of the Alliance's sign marked onto the silk blue threads, his black eyes blinking as he saw Eris' room. Eris. One of the mightiest warriors on his side of the war. He never agreed with the previous' King's ideals, but it was too late to turn back. A simple apology won't end the war. And of course, his pride wouldn't let him. He sighed, his eyes closing for a moment. He had a heavy burden to lead the Alliance, even his carefree side wouldn't change it all.

The corridor was amazingly enough-- empty. Alexander always had servants wandering around, chatting away. He didn't mind, it gave his life a lighter, more comfortable atmosphere as he resided in the castle. He liked the carefree noises, it made the castle full of life. An important aspect to Alexander. Quietness would only lead to more thoughts on the war. Complicated and confusing, he didn't want to go through them again. He shook his head vigorously, emptying his thoughts.

He grinned, relaxing his body and mind, approached Eris' room. He knocked simply, clearing his throat to speak. "It's Alexander." He spoke clearly. His voice radiated leadership and confidence, important to those. He was full of charisma too, it was important if he wished to have people to serve under him. Without waiting for an answer-- and hoping Eris wouldn't hit him if she was doing something private, he pressed down on the knob and entered her room.

OOC: I suck too, HIGH FIVE.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Room of The Demon Chevalier [p r i v a t e] Empty Re: The Room of The Demon Chevalier [p r i v a t e]

Post by Jules Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Stars. Her mother had told her once- in one of her letters- that stars could make your wishes come true. Eris was only ten then, barely knew what was right from wrong and was hopeful of her mother's arrival. She was naive and fearless. And being the curious soul she was, Eris asked her father if stars could grant wishes.

"Stars are just balls of gas millions of miles away. They can't hear you nor do they have magical powers to grant wishes. Only we can grant our own wishes." Her father's powerful voice rang through her head, giving her goosebumps and chills. It was this very line that sparked self-determination within Eris. She would never give up. Never. Even if it meant self-sacrifice.

She raised her left arm then ripped the bandage off. The pain that followed was horrid, it made her body shake and tremble but instead of screaming out, she clenched her teeth and sat up. Time to train.

Hurriedly, she rushed toward her sword which lay on a plush velvet chair on the other side of the room. Then came a knock, a voice- which she could barely make out- and the clicking of the door knob. Alexander.
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Alexander grinned, his expression happy. "Hey Eris, haven't seen you in a while." His eyes were wandering around the room, examining it closely out of interest. The walls were the same navy blue they once were, years ago. The room hadn't changed too much apart from furniture. A king sized bed, a magnificent closet. Clothes. Were they all girls thought about? He shrugged slightly, though Eris probably wouldn't know why he made such an action. His eyes found a white bandage.

It was fresh he supposed, they weren't worn like the old bandages he had seen before. He glanced toward Eris, his smile turned to a frown. He could see the swollen point of the elbow, it made him shiver. Training. It had always been a part of Eris' life. Since Alexander's childhood years, they had been friends. She was too serious though. And put some emphasis on the too. He doubted she changed much, the swollen arm told a lot. He could see her muscles, they weren't as noticeable as a man's, but they were there.

He sighed, before speaking to Eris. "I thought these years living in the castle, having all those clothes." He paused, pointing at the wardrobe. "That you would lighten up, Eris. You're as serious as me... Err, scratch that. You're as serious as me as I'm carefree." A wide grin spread across his face. He closed the door behind him, leaning against it for comfort. He was sure Eris wouldn't mind. Wait, no. He hoped she wouldn't.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Eris snorted "Hah, you? Serious? Right. I'll be sure to add that on my list of ironic things."

Ah, Alexander. Her best friend and her total opposite. He always made Eris worry, especially during battle- she's never seen such a free and fearless spirit. A spirit such as that of a child. But also a spirit of a great leader. Through all the years she's known him, he's never doubted an ally or doubted his choices. It was all just go for him, even if it wasn't thought through.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about my elbow. I have to train anyway so there's nothing we can do about it" Eris' voice was as strong as Alexander's but had more of a deadly tone to it. It was her normal speaking voice, and it intimidated several others as well.

OOC: FAIL <3
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Alexander grinned, "Ironic huh? You never change."

Eris, always the serious one. He thought. He grinned, it was funny to see she never changed, maybe it was good. Changes weren't always good. He liked the Eris he had adapted to, they were polar opposites, but they got along. Others found him too carefree to become a leader, he had proved them wrong in the end, but Eris were one of the only ones that supported him during those tough times without a king.

When she spoke, her voice sounded intimidating. Dark, dangerous, perhaps even murderous. He was used to that part of Eris, it was a natural part of her. He grinned. "Not even your tone changes," He teased, pausing for a moment for a smile. "But you really should tone down on the training, it's going to break your body, especially in desperate needs." His tone was serious, he meant it. Eris was a brilliant warrior, one of the best on his side. The name Demon Chevalier didn't come for nothing.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:24 pm

"Tch, pain? I laugh in the face of pain. Hahaha." Eris said sarcastically, complete with a roll of her eyes. "Hey, I can handle training, okay? Just calm down, Mr. I'm the leader and I'm secretly worried about you even though won't admit it." She snorted then pushed herself up with her right arm.

Talking with Alexander had always been the best part of her day. She could crack a joke and they'd both just start talking about random things. But that wouldn't last very long- the war was coming and she would have to accept the fact that maybe her life wouldn't be spared. A painful yet undeniable truth.
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Alexander shrugged. "At least take care of your body. Just because you feel you can do it," He paused, it was clear he emphasized the word 'feel'. "Doesn't mean your body can take it." He finished, he rolled his eyes in response. "Yes, I'm worried about you. Childhood friend. And how am I hiding it exactly?" He grinned, letting his eyes close.

He had been tired recently, lack of sleep, stress to take care of his nation, he was surprised he hadn't gotten an illness. He didn't care, though. It was good that he didn't have to take breaks from his already short time. War was coming, winning might mean peace. Alexander didn't want to kill the innocent, or anyone if he had the choice. But losing... That was different. All his people that fought against them would be killed, it would be a painful scene. He sighed, blocking his mind from those negative thoughts.

His eyes opened again, staring blankly at the ground. Dangerous times, yet his brothers had abandoned him in such a time.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:49 pm

"I can do it. I have to. You know how important it is to me, right?" Of course Eris could handle it. She didn't just feel like she could do it, she knew she could do it. Indeed, she didn't know her limits but Eris could hear her father's voice beckoning her to go on. To keep on working until she finally achieved her goals.

Walking towards Alexander, she noticed the sad and tired look in his eyes. He was undergoing a lot too, family problems and managing the kingdom. It was all too much. And of course this worried Eris. This boy was the closest thing she got to family. Giving a sad smile, Eris reached for his head then ruffled his shaggy brown hair. Nothing would change their friendship, nothing at all... even if it was death.
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Alexander smiled weakly, looking up toward Eris. It was a long time a go where they could just have fun-- free of all those many worries that were a burden on his shoulders now. Of course, Eris didn't exactly have 'fun', but in a way it was. It was how friendship came by. She was always by his side, and he was always by hers. Their friendship wouldn't change, even in the worst possible scenario.

He sighed, standing up straight. "Wars is so time consuming, huh..." He muttered, he stepped past Eris, toward the windows. He lifted his hand, placing his fingers onto the glass. It was cold at first touch, the open air outside of the castle lingered in the autumn. The trees' leaves were falling, and the sun was still high up in the sky, gleaming radiant rays of light into the open land. He smiled slightly, the sun was like a distant future, where all could be well, happy, free from all those worries.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Eris watched her friend's sad walk. It had lost its usual swagger and liveliness. Now, all he could do was stare at the sun and dream of a future that might not even be possible. If it was, Eris prayed she could experience even just a day of it.

"You do know that I'm willing to sacrifice my life for the Alliance. I'll sacrifice just to see a future of peace, just to see you take your place in a throne where corruption has been eradicated. If that time comes, tell me about it... please. Look up at the stars and talk to me about it. Even if you know I may not even be listening." It sounded like a last will, sad and yet very reassuring. But this was the only chance Eris would get in the following days. Perhaps tomorrow, her life would be taken away from her.

With that, she grabbed her sword from the velvet chair and left the room, leaving the door swinging and open.

OOC: SHOOT ME FOR CHEESINESS. I CAN'T THINK OF A POST. ;_;
Jules
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by ChivanChang Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:21 pm

Alexander took in what Eris said. It was strange for her to say something along those lines, too unusual. He knew she would be willing to die, but her voice? It was sad. Not the usual Eris that he came here for. He was about to turn to speak, but she had already gone. The door was left open. Even if he were to catch up with her now, he could think of nothing to say.

Sighing, he wiped his watery eyes. He stepped out of the room, taking one last look at Eris' room, before shutting the door.

ChivanChang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down